Home Remodeling Process
When you make the choice to work with Alex Custom Homes for your remodeling project, not only do you get a well-remodeled home, but you get a well-managed, efficient building experience.
We’ve improved several homes around Metro Atlanta. Alex Custom Homes & Renovation brings valuable experience to homeowners considering the added value to their home, clients purchasing a property for investment to fix it and sell it after improvement and to clients considering to purchase of property for tear – down and subsequent rebuild or do a major renovation. We are serving the following locations: Atlanta (inside perimeter), Alpharetta, Cumming, Johns Creek, Roswell, Atlanta, Buckhead, Dunwoody, Sandy Springs, Milton, Duluth, Buford, Dacula, Suwanee, Smyrna, Vinings, Gainesville, Marietta, Canton, Woodstock, Norcross, Lawrenceville. We have helped families and investors locate, purchase and transform properties through an informed design/build process that balances function, aesthetics with a long-term return on investment and budget. We love the challenge of breathing new life into a home.
The majority of our work is done in a design/build arrangement, where both the design and construction of a project are under our management.
Below are a few steps to expect when working together:
- After our first phone or email communication about the project, we will schedule an appointment to meet with you at your home to discuss your vision for your renovation project. Once we fully understand your needs, ideas, aspirations and budget parameters the Alex Custom Homes team will begin turning your vision into reality.
- At the initial meeting, we will be taking the proper measurements of the designated area to be renovated.
- View our projects online for design ideas and get familiar with our work.
Preliminary Estimate and Design
- A second meeting will be scheduled where we will present you a preliminary estimate for your project.
- The scope of work and budget presented in the preliminary estimate are based on the design information, build-in allowances and project specs collected at this point.
- Discuss the project financing and budget. Some clients prefer to finance the entire project with cash. When cash is not available for the entire project, Alex Custom Homes collaborate with few banks which are able to finance the construction of the project offering an equity loan.
- Once Alex Custom Homes and the homeowner/investor have agreed on the details and price described on the preliminary estimate a design contract is presented. The Design Agreement represents a commitment by both parties to proceed to the design phase where the project specifications and design will be developed and finalized. At this point, a deposit is made, an architect is engaged, and the project is added to our schedule.
Final Design Phase
- Working together and incorporating your feedback on the preliminary design we will be able to move to the final design and cost phase. The design phase is where your ideas which you had collected for a month or several years starts to take shape on paper.
- Finalize specifications and selections. Some items will not be selected at this stage, for this reason, we will build into our agreement allowances.
- Our design/build team will collaborate with you to create a home that meets your needs functionally, aesthetically and economically.
- Concept drawings will be presented, revisions will be made, design details are specified, material selection begin and subcontractors are brought in to evaluate existing condition and submit bids. At the end of this process, we are able to monitor how the decisions being made are impacting the overall cost of the project and make adjustments accordingly if is required. This phase will conclude to a final design, scope of work and price.
- Review and finalize specifications and selections.
- Review completed architectural and engineering drawings.
- Secure financing for the project.
- Establish construction dates: start and expected completion.
- Sign the Renovation / Remodeling Agreement.
- Construction will commence following the receipt of approval of all the necessary building permits. Depending on the nature of the project, construction period can last from 21 days to 3 months.
- Alex Custom Home will keep you constantly informed of everything you need to know: project schedule, change orders, upcoming decision and finances.
- Construction progress photos of your project can be viewed online.
Congratulations! Your home renovation is completed.
- Final walk-thru will be conducted to make sure that everything is the way you imagined.
- A Certificate of Completion has been issued by the county authorities.
- Is the perfect time to learn from our team how everything works and how to take care for it. Please, ask questions! We will be happy to answer.
- At the end of the walk-thru, you will receive all the project details and photo in a digital format.
- Receive 1 Year Warranty for all our work.
If you are considering remodeling your home, please Contact Us today!